There are 2 steps to creating a new email address...
Step 1 is to create the email box on the server so the mail has a place to be delivered to.
Step 2 is to set up your email program to collect the mail off the server and store it on your computer.
Step 1 - Create a mailbox on the server
1. Log in to your control panel.
2. In the shortcuts area of the Home page, click Email Accounts (Email section). The Add User form opens.
3. In the Email field, enter the first part of the email address you want to create... up to the @ symbol.
Note: This email address you create also becomes the username that you need to use in your email program to access your email.
4. In the Password field, enter the password for this mailbox.
5. In the Confirm Password field, enter the password again.
6. In the Mailbox Quota field, enter the amount of disk space, in megabytes, you want to reserve for the user. To allow an unlimited amount of disk space, type 0 (zero). To determine how much disk space is available on your site, click to home icon in the top right of cPanel page.
Step 2 - set up your email program to access your email
Each email program is different, so it's impossible to list all the possible setup combinations here. However, these are the main points;
Incoming mail server (POP3): Is provided in your setup email (often it's mail.yourdomain.com)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Is provided in your setup email (often it's mail.yourdomain.com)
Incoming Server Type: Always select POP3 as your incoming mail server type
Username: The username for an email address is ALWAYS the full email address
Password: The password you created in step 1 above
Note: You will ALWAYS need to authenticate to send mail. If you can receive mail but can't can't send, check that you are authenticating to send mail (using your email address as the username along with your password) and also change your outgoing server port (SMTP) to 587 with SSL off.
Setting up popular email programs
> For a guide to setting up Microsoft Outlook to read your email, please click here.
> For a guide to setting up Outlook Express to read your email, please click here.
> For a guide to setting up Windows Mail to read your email, please click here.
> For a guide to setting up Mac Mail to read your email, please click here.
> For a guide to setting up your iPhone to read your email, please click here.
Please Note: We provide online tutorials to help you configure your email software as a courtesy. However, our support staff are unable to provide any support on how to use or configure third-party software on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. We will provide support for any issues relating to the software and services on our servers, but you will need to contact the software manufacturer or visit their relevant online support pages for help with the software that they provide.