If you can receive but not send mail, you will need to check to ensure you are using the correct settings in your email program. Please follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.
- From the Menu Bar, Click Tools then Click E-mail Accounts
- Select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" then Click "Next"
- Select your Email account then Click "Change"
- Click "More settings"
- Select "Outgoing Server" tab
- Select the box beside "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
- Select "Use same settings as my incoming email server"
- Select the "Advanced" tab
- Change the port number for your Outgoing Server (SMTP) to 587
- Click "Ok", then "Next" and then "Finish".
- Quit Outlook and then re-open it.
- You will need to open any messages stuck in your Outbox, and try sending them again.
- From the Menu Bar, Click Tools, then Account Settings.
- This will bring up the Account Settings window.
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) at the bottom of the list on the left side of the window.
- Back in the middle of the window, select the appropriate outgoing server and click the "Edit" button.
- Change the Port number to 587.
- Make sure "Authentication method" is set to "Normal password" and the "User Name" field has your full email address.
- Click OK to close the SMTP edit window and again on the Account Settings window.
- Quit Thunderbird and then re-open it.
- Try sending a message. Thunderbird may ask you to enter your password. If you enter the correct password, your message should send fine.
- From within Mac Mail Click Mail, Preferences, then Accounts
- If you have more than 1 account, select the account on the left of the window.
- Near the bottom of the window, look for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
- Click the drop down arrow and select "Edit SMTP Server List..."
- Click the Advanced button in the middle of the window and make sure Authentication is set to "Password."
- Make sure you have entered your full email address and it's password.
- Ensure that you have selected "Use custom port", and enter 587.
- Click OK to close the edit window.
- Enter your password for your INCOMING SERVER again (important!!!).
- Close the window making sure that you save your changes.
- Quit Mail and then re-open it.