Password Protect Directories allows you to protect a folder by requiring users to enter a password to gain access. For example, if you had a folder of family photos that you wanted to share with friends, but didn't want anyone else to access it, you could password protect that folder and give your friends the password so only they could access it.
- Go to the Password Protect Directories link in cPanel.
- Navigate by clicking on the folder icons, then click on the folder name you want to protect.
- Check the Directory requires a password to access via the web (uncheck it if you do not wish to protect this folder anymore).
- Chose a Protected resource name, like Family Photos
- Click Save
- Fill in a Username and Password you want to be able to access the folder. You can add as many different ones as you like.